WHAT TO DO AFTER AN INJURY: The days, weeks, months and even years after an injury can be an especially stressful time. You should not go it alone. Insurance companies have one primary goal which is to compensate you as little as possible, assuming they do not deny your claim altogether. There are certain steps you should take to protect your interests. Specifically, after an injury, you should:
- Contact the Law Office of Kevin J. Williams, PLLC for a FREE CONSULTATION;
- Do NOT sign any documents or take money from the insurance company before you speak with Kevin J. Williams, Esq. (or another lawyer of your choosing);
- Take photographs of the accident scene. If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, take photographs of the vehicle’s damage;
- Write down the names and contact information of any witnesses;
- Do NOT give a statement to the insurance company;
- Cooperate with any law enforcement personnel that may be investigating your accident; and
- Attend all medical appointments and follow your doctors’ orders.
The Law Office of Kevin J. Williams, PLLC will protect your interests and fight for the compensation you deserve.